InstitutionSt John's College
Closing DateSep 6, 2017
ValueUSD 18,673 / GBP14,500
St John’s College is a Christian independent day and boarding school for girls and boys aged 2 – 18 years old. The main College campus is located in Southsea – a small seaside town in the historical city of Portsmouth, which is the UK’s only island city. The college campus comprises a day nursery, an infant and junior school, a senior school, sixth form and a boarding school.
St John’s offers five De La Salle scholarships to students entering into A Levels study at the college. The scholarships are as follow:
One Open De La Salle Scholarship worth £5000
Two Maths Scholarships worth £2500
One Art Scholarship worth £2500
One Music Scholarship worth £2000 and free instrumental lessons in one instrument
The Open Scholarship will be awarded to student with potential to make and all-round contribution to the college. For Maths Scholarship, the successfully candidate will demonstrate evidence of high academic evidence. Student applying for Art Scholarship will be required to provide a portfolio of their work. The successful candidate for Music Scholarship will perform at the equivalent of grade 6 or above.
With 20 A Level subjects to choose from, and supported by a varied programme of enrichment, students leave St John’s as well-rounded individuals ready for life beyond the classroom. Most student leavers move on to universities of their choice and recent university destinations include Oxford, Imperial College London, University College London, Southampton, Durham and Russell Group institutions.
At a Glance
|No of Scholarships||5|
|Registration Deadline||12 January 2018|
|Intake Dates||September 2018|
|Exam Venue||Redynamics Asia Sdn Bhd
Phileo Damansara 1, PJ
Eligibility to apply:
- All scholarship applicants must sit the Edutest Scholarship Examination for a fee of AUD120 or students with Scholarship Benchmark Test results are eligible to apply.
- A minimum qualification with SPM or IGCSE.
- Open to students aged 16-18 years. Students who are eligible for a tier 4 visa may apply (students have to complete the course, and therefore take the exams, before they reach the age of 20).
- Open to Malaysian citizens / Lawful residents of Malaysia.
- Have outstanding results in current school. Applicants shall submit school report from current school.
- A reference from a teacher and a short piece of English writing outlining why the applicant would like to study at St John’s College.
- Scholarship covers tuition fees only.
Terms and conditions may apply.